Monday, February 23, 2009
I got this recipe from KraftFoods.com and decided to give it a try. I've never made (or had) shepherd's pie before but it looked good so I gave it a whirl.
This was really simple and easy and VERY tasty the guys loved it and we had enough for left overs which is always great!
1 lb. of hamburger meat
2 cups of hot mashed potatoes (I made homemade mashed potatoes)
4 oz. of cream cheese
1 cup of cheddar cheese, divided
4 cups of frozen mixed veggies, thawed
1 cup of beef gravy
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1. Brown the beef in a large skillet until no longer pink, drain
2. Mix potatoes, garlic, cream cheese and half a cup of cheddar cheese, put aside
3. Mix thawed mixed veggies, meat and gravy together, put in a 13x9 pan
4. Spread potato mixture on top of meat/veggie mixture and sprinkle with remaining half cup of cheddar cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes on 375
See now how easy was that?!