Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Drink Up



In my quest to be healthier these days I have taken up many new activities and trying to develop habits out of them. For example, I told you I've started running as a form of exercise. I'm also trying to eat healthier and drink more water.

Now I know it's been said that you should drink 8 8oz. glasses of water per day but if I were to do that it would send me to the bathroom every 10 minutes. So I found this hydration calculator that determines how much water you need to drink based on your weight, amount of exercise, the climate you live in, pregnancy/breast feeding, etc.

I admittedly weight 87 pounds (I've always been like this people!) I exercise for 25-30 minutes every other day I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding, I don't live in a harsh climate or a high altitude, nor am I sick with a fever or diarrhea.

Based on all of that I should drink 46.5 ounces of water a day to stay hydrated. So basically I will drink 48 oz. I have a measured bottle I take with me to the gym and it's 24 oz. so I'll just have to drink 2 of those which should be easy!

*edit* I'm an idiot I never realized I didn't link it up it's there now SO SO sorry guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm drinking more water now. thanks for the information :)