Saturday, April 4, 2009

Something I don't understand

OK I try to be objective when it comes to the military and how we live our lives as military families. Everyone is different I know...and everyone has different situations. But here is what I don't get, as soon as some of these girls husbands leave their homes for a deployment or even a school they go and live with their parents and abandon their homes they have built with their husband's completely. This is just astonishing to me! I could never do that! Our home is my comfort place. Yes, I see all of his stuff around me and smell his smell on the sheets and clothes but this is comforting to me.

Now, don't get me wrong I have friends who NEED to live with their parents. For example, our friends C & J are expecting a baby later this year. He along with my husband are deploying in the later part of the year. C feels she cannot possibly care for an infant alone without her husband so they made the financial (and sanity) decision for C and the baby to live with her parents. This will not only allow C to have help with her first months of motherhood but for them to save up some much needed $$$ for their future home. So this was a good decision for them and one that I completely 100% agree with and support.

But, I see these girls who just completely flip a lid and leave their homes and I shake my head.....now I know you are young and don't want to live alone, but there are so many other better choices than paying for something you don't live in! Do what I did and get a roommate. This not only solves the living alone aspect but you also have someone to help pay your bills so you can possibly save some money for the future. Because if your family is like mine we are not always going to have these awesome paychecks so we need to save save save!

Look, I'm not trying to offend anyone here. I'm just telling you how I feel about this. I'm 20 something years old and I have not lived with my parents for over 3 years now. I have no intention of going back. I'm an adult and I can take care of myself. Yes, its hard and yes it sucks when my husband leaves me for extended periods of time but I know I'm stronger than that. I refuse to cower in the corner freaking out because I'm scared to go it alone.

What I'm saying here is do anything but live with your parents yeah go visit but don't live there you have a home of your own. Don't let something that was once a source of pride make you a scaredy cat.

If you are a military spouse I want you to tell me how you feel about this subject I'm always willing to hear other people out. Comment below!

No comments: