Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Baked Spaghetti With Chicken and Mushrooms

I made this recipe last night as I was only just going to make simple spaghetti with some sauce and mushrooms in it and some bread sticks to use up some leftover pasta sauce I had sitting around before it went bad. But then I remembered the other day my friend Jess telling me that she baked her spaghetti. So I was like why the heck not! Then it went from that to the husband asking for some meat in the meal because well he doesn't like meals without meat. So I scrounged around in the kitchen and found I had one frozen chicken breast left over and this is the meal that resulted from it. It's really good simple and makes a lot! So we're having it for left overs tonight. I didn't get this recipe from any where I just flew by the seat of my pants and it turned out well! You could do this with any type of meat such as ground beef or turkey and it would turn out just as well.

Now on to the recipe....

Baked Spaghetti with Chicken and Mushrooms

Ingredients:
1 package of angel hair pasta (or spaghetti)
1 jar of pasta sauce
1 small can of mushrooms
1 frozen (large) chicken breast
Parmesan Cheese (the powder stuff)

Directions:
1. Cook the frozen chicken breast as directed on the package
2. Boil the pasta until tender and drain
3. Put pasta in a 13x9 inch pan and pour in the pasta sauce and mix well
4. Shred the chicken and pour in the mushrooms and chicken mixture into the pan and mix well
5. Put a generous amount of parmesan cheese on top
6. Bake in the oven on 375 for 10-15 minutes
7. Enjoy!

Serving suggestions: Bread sticks, a green veggie such as broccoli or green beans, and sweet tea to drink.

Sorry no pictures of this one. I forgot to take one! I might take one and post it when I make my lunch.

No comments: