Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wedding Dress Evolution

First of all, I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Time has gotten away from me and I had to run home for a few days to take care of some things but now I'm back to boring hum-ho Alabama until May (hopefully!)

I think I should really just quit appologizing.

Today I want to show you the evolution of my wedding dress. It changed ALOT from the time I tried it on to the time I actually wore it at the wedding.

First, here is a picture of me the day I tried it on. As you can tell I was not really feeling it, I had found the dress online and thought it was great so I tried it on. But that bow really bugged me and the color was just not right. I knew it had great potential though. So I ordered it.



Next,here it is the day I picked it up in July. Once again not really feeling it but it could have been that 1. the bow was still there and 2. it fit horribly! That's me with my bridesmaid Aim (right dress wrong color). I do like the color I knew I wanted white from the very beginning. So we are on our way!



Getting closer...

I dont have a picture of it after I had it altered (it disappeared somewhere) but I had it actually fitted, bra cups put in, and the bow is gone WOOT!

And finally the last stage...

Even after having it altered and fitted I just couldnt keep the dress up comfortably so I had seen that you could have sleeves put on your dress at Davids and they were relatively inexpensive so I picked out some and my mom sewed them in.

So here is me in the dress the day of the wedding quite a difference dont ya think!?


Me with my bridesmaids

&



J & I (this is a better view of the sleeves)

So there you have it ladies & gents the evolution of my wedding dress!

Did your dress take a drastic change before your wedding? Did you have more than one dress or anything that you didn't like that you changed? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments: