Friday, January 16, 2009

Day #4 Household Goals

Welcome to the last day of goals week! Hopefully each of you has taken something away from this and maybe even set a goal for yourself! Or maybe even felt more motivated to achieve your previously set goals. I know it's hard to stay motivated all the time but as my husband says "you have to keep your eye on the prize." You can do this in many ways you can put a picture of something you are saving up to buy somewhere where you see it every day, or put a little reminder all over the house of what you are really working toward. Also, always try to encourage yourself and tell the ones you love to encourage you also, because if you know that those around you are wanting you to achieve your goal also you will be more likely to in the end!

So here are my household goals for 2009!

Keep in mind that I am a new wife that comes with a whole new list of wonderful things to achieve!

1. Learn to cook properly: I'm tired of cooking things from a box I want to be able to cook from scratch the way my grandmother does. Now there is nothing wrong with a meal from a box every once in awhile but it is certainly not healthy to have it often. So learning to cook from scratch will help me provide better more healthier meals for my husband and I.

2. Join FLYlady and stick to it: there are so many wonderful things about this program, she is like your own little motivator in your email inbox! Everytime you open it she is there cheering you on and encouraging you to get things done! How great is that?! She's not all about house cleaning anymore she now covers exercise and budgeting also.

3. Decorate my home simply and fugally: as I said in my post below that we are currently saving for a new house sometime in 2011. So I don't need to go out and buy a whole bunch of things that I think look good in our townhome right now, when they might not work for our new home. I tend to decorate in a neutral color pallate so hopefully anything that I do acquire can be carried over into the new house.

4. Create a budget: I think this should have gone on yesterday's post but owell, when we return home J will be deploying almost immediately so we are allotted a certain amount of money each month for certain things like living allowance for housing and subsistance (food)so since it will most likely only be me living in the house I'll only have to feed myself which shouldnt cost an arm and a leg (hopefully)so since we are saving to buy (or build) a new house I don't need to go and spend a lot of money on clothes or household stuff and crash our savings right into the ground like i've seen some women do when their husbands deploy (this is not the way to go ladies) I believe deployments are a great time to save save save! Not only for us National Guard families but for active duty families too! You see NG doesn't make a lot of money all the time, only when they are on active duty do they make a good amount. So we need to save our pennies to use for those times when the money isn't so good. But during deployments NG soldiers are making the same amount as their active duty counterparts. With active duty soldiers they are making a bit more than usual because of family seperation pay and hazardous duty pay. So save it don't blow it!

5. Keep a clean house that is always ready for company: much like I want to keep myself always ready for company or ready to go I want to keep my house in the same situation! No more rushing around to pick up all the crap laying around so my friends can come over for lunch or being embarassed when a friend stops by unexpectedly and there is a huge mess in the kitchen/living room.

Hope everyone has a good and prosperous New Year!

No comments: