Thursday, November 13, 2008

Getting Older

Well tomorrow marks my 22 years of being here on this Earth. I have found that through the years birthdays have taken on a different feeling from year to year. I find myself at a loss because never more will I have one of those "milestone birthdays". I'm way past a year old, even way past thirteen for that matter. I'm a few years past 18 and no longer a teenager once I turned 20. I've had my feel of being able to "legally drink" at age 21. Now here I am at 22 and I'm sitting here thinking "well what do I have to look forward to now? I can do what I want now so what is left, well besides getting older?"

When I was yonger I always knew what I wanted to do for my birthday, and now in the last few years I've found myself at a loss for as to how to celebrate my birth. I mean really you can't have a sleepover (too old for that) Going out to a nice restaurant is nice, just spending time with friends and family is a great thing too. But since I am away from my close friends and family this my 22nd birthday, J. has taken over the responsibility of making sure that I have a nice birthday since it will once again be my parents turn next year since he'll be deployed. He has asked me what I wanted to do, and honestly I don't even know what to tell him.

At first I wanted to go to the nearest "city" (if you can call it that) to us and go to a fancy restuarant and get all dressed up and go have anice dinner with our friends down here. But as luck would have it, we have a meeting to attend tomorrow night at 7PM (prime dinner time in my opinion)so we considered dinner to be out of the question, but J. has decided we just wont eat at our meeting and go out to eat afterwards where ever I want because the restuarant our meeting is at is definately not great.

So finally I chose to go to a Japanese grill here in AL and then to a drive in movie (I havent been to one in ages)and I figured it would be nice to go and snuggle up and watch a movie. Then maybe after we'll go to a respective friends house and play some games (which is how we spend a typical friday night) but that is just fine with me because I enjoy getting to spend time with my fabulous friends that we have made down here. And lucky for me I get to take most of them home with me! As they are all the wives of the men in J's unit back home in Kentucky! So lucky me!

Ok so anyway, tomorrow I'll write about my birthday wishlist, and a look back on my year as a 21 year old.

No comments: